2009 Back Peddle :
I began the year lathering the ears of others with a plan to move myself and the Steak Mtn. operations to Berlin. And like a lot of loudmouth legwork, the plan ended up failing and getting dusted by the twilight of a foaming economic downturn. Which is fine enough and understandable and legit, as the mirror of that artistic cliche worked out well : I have an Adult job and I hate almost everything about the city I ended up moving to, San Francisco...........and that has basically been my year in, out and lightly running my finger along the arch above the exit sign. Art things did get done though or at least finally hatched and with that statement goes my limp list of achievements for the year. Here you go :
• Rome Snowboard Line : A few boards in various sizes, with designs modeled after the key characters of horror : there is a Dracula board, a Frankenstein board, a werewolf board, blah blah blah. You get the point.
• Guiltmaker "Dilemmas" LP/CD : Here is what I wrote about the record a month or so : "resonating, thoughtful and epically staged." That's still how I feel about it.
• Cult Ritual "S/T" LP : I did one of three different record covers for this. Click Here and see what I wrote about this when it came out and what the cover I designed looks like.
• Against Me! "The Original Cowboy" LP/CD : The attic clearing of their sonic ephemera starts with this. If you are a fan or a fan of this era of the band, "Original" is a really rad behind the curtain listen for sure. I tried to make it look like a G.I.S.M. bootleg or a demo pressed on vinyl, I feel like I succeeded. I might also be so arrogant as to say this is the most punk looking thing Fat Wreck Chords ever put out.....not that I am paying any attention to the labels output at all, but still.
• Fake Problems "It's Great To Be Alive" LP/CD : From my perch, it looks like it's been the kind of year they wanted more or less, with a final tally telling me that things will be pointing North for these young men and their rock n' roll careers in 2010 ad nauseam.
• "Wearing Them For A Cannibal Night In Fear" A3 sized, two color Risograph Print for LANDFILL/MANYMONO : Rub your eyes on my melted Tina Aumont stylings HERE <<<<>
• "It's The Total Doomride!" totebag : Man, were you one of the few lucky ones to see or purchase the fully limited, Jamaican colored "Reichsteady" version? If not, the normal white on black one is still up for sale at my Exorcise! Storefront.
2010 Criswell'd :
Right now, I am in the middle of designing the new Against Me! record "White Crosses" and future proofing almost everything revolving around the art side of it's release. Also, in the next few months, I will be finalizing the last Combatwoundedveteran discography, "Farewell Gaylords" which will have the "Duck Down for the Torso" 10", our half of the ROM split that came out Schematics and a few recently uncovered, untitled, totally throw away tracks that came from the Scrotum Grinder sessions...for completists, naturally. Plus, keep 'em peeled on the Exorcise storefront for some new items, hopefully up and ready to be sold in February......and that's all I have for this past year and the first little bit of 2010. I am sure when there is something important I'll brush it into your mane.
Oh! and if there is any reason to follow my punchlines on Twitter, here is the address :https://twitter.com/steakmtn